In 2016, eligible teams selected and addressed one of the following five challenges:
- How can we better support the enhancement and beautification of city real estate assets and public property?
- What can we do with vacant, blighted and city-owned properties in your neighborhood?
- How can we build and preserve more affordable housing including incentivizing public and private investors?
- How can the City better connect everyday small business owners to the professional services and growth opportunities they need to thrive?
- How can we grow the entrepreneurial ecosystem in L.A. to increase employment opportunities and provide skills to local workers?